Supported Independent Living (SIL)

We can help you find a home sweethome with our Supported Independent Living (SIL) services.

What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?

Supported Independent Living is sometimes called shared accommodation.

SIL is an NDIS support where a person with a disability lives with other people. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.

Vacancies available now!

At Australian Disability & Community Services, we have a number of Supported Independent Living vacancies which could be a perfect fit for you.

If you have an eye on a property, we would love to show you around. You will also get the chance to talk to our team about the type of supports you are looking for.

Supported Independent Living at ADCS

Our ADCS team we can help you find a home to call your own. Here’s what you need to know about our services.

What support will ADCS provide me?

All ADCS properties provide our customers with a comfortable and secure home.

We will also support you with day-to-day tasks like:

  • Cleaning and laundry
  • Nutrition and cooking
  • Personal care such as showering and dressing
  • Going to appointments
  • Taking medication
  • Taking up a hobby
  • Learning to catch public transport.

Will I be included in household decisions?

Yes! All our customers are part of the household routines and decisions.
This can be done in different ways depending what each household prefers. As an example, in some houses, the housemates choose to sit down for a meeting each week to make decisions about their home.

What type of properties does ADCS offer?

We have a wide range of shared properties including apartments, villasand houses.

We will work with you to find something that’s just right.

Will I learn one-on-one or in groups?

It’s your choice! You might choose to learn as part of a group, where you can meet new people.

Or, you might decide that you learn better on your own. Just let us know.
Who will I be living with?

We know it’s important that people click and get along.

Tell us what you like or don’t like in a housemate, and we’ll do our best to match you with people who tick your boxes and have similar interests.

Do you provide Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

We have a wide range of properties for people with very high support needs.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) will be funded separately to Supported Independent Living in your NDIS plan, as a capital support.

NDIS Support Categories

Supported Independent Living

Supported Independent Living is funded under Core Supports – Assistance with Daily Life in your NDIS plan.

The NDIS does not fund the cost of rent, board, transport, and other day-to-day expenses such as food and activities.

Specialist Disability Accommodation

This funding is for people with very high needs who need specialist housing.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is assessed and funded separately to SIL through Capital Supports – Specialist Disability Accommodation

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.